Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Chinese Dumpling
- 1 1b. ground pork or beef or chicken
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, finely shredded, drained
- 2 cup bamboo shoots, finely shredded
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoon sesame-seed oil
- ½ cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- To make the dough, mix ½ teaspoon salt with 1 1/2 cups water and 4 cups flour, knead the dough into a smooth ball. Cover the dough and let it sit for 40 minutes.
- To prepare the filling, add 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, sesame-seed oil, green onion, soy sauce, wine, ginger, garlic to the meat, stir in only one direction to mix. Then add Napa cabbage and bamboo shoots to mix well.
- To make the dumpling wrapper, knead the dough to form a long dough cylinder with about ½ in. in diameter. Divide the dough into 70 pieces. Press and roll each piece into a circle about 3-inches in diameter.
- Place ½ tablespoon of the filling into the middle of each wrapper, fold the dough over the filling into a half moon shape and pinch the edges to seal.
- To cook, broil a large pot of water, add the half of the dumplings, stir gently, bring the water to boil, add ½ cup of cold water to release the boiling. Cover until the water boil again, add ½ cup of cold water again. Cover and repeat the procedure for the third time, drain and remove the dumpling. Continue to cook the remainder half of the dumpling.
- Server the dumpling with dipping sauce. Dipping sauce could be made according to your flavor. One popular choice is mix 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger with 2 tablespoons dark vinegar.
Timing:20 minutes to prepare the filling, 1 hour to prepare the dough, 40 minutes to make the dumpling, 20 minutes to cook.
Tips: Cooked dumpling could be freeze, and pan-fried later to serve.
Taste: Rich, delicious flavor.