Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Shrimp Toast
- ½ lb. shrimp meat, drain, minced
- 6 slices stale bread
- 4 water chestnuts, finely minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- ½ cup green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch power
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- Mix the shrimp, water chestnuts, egg, green onions, ginger, salt, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, cooking wine, refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Trim the crust off each slice of bread, cut each slice into 4 triangles, spread 1 tablespoon mixture over each triangle.
- Heat the oil, hold the triangle with the shrimp side down, and fry for 1 minute, turn over and fry for another minute, or until toast is golden brown.
- Remove the toast and drain will on paper towels, and the toast is ready to serve.
Timing:15 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes to cook.
Tips: The stale bread will absorb less oil than fresh bread.
Taste: Rich, satisfying flavor.