Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Sichuan spicy cucumber
- 1 lb. cucumber, cut into 2 x ½ x ½ in. pieces (discard the center of seed)
- 2 dry red pepper, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame-seed oil
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan pepper (hua jiao in Chinese)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Warm the oil in a saucepan, add Sichuan pepper, stir and bake to release the flavor for 30 seconds, add red pepper, stir and bake for another 30 seconds, remove the pan from stove.
- Add cucumber, sesame-seed oil, sugar, vinegar, salt to the pan, mix well and serve.
Timing:5 minutes to prepare the ingredients, and 2 minutes to cook
Tips: The temperature should not be too high when you stir and bake Sichuan and red pepper, just enough to let it release the flavor.
Taste: Spicy, light vegetable dish.