Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Spring Roll
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, peeled, and cut in half the long way
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup Chinese parsley chopped
- 2 stems of green onions, cut into 3-4 in. in length the long way
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 12 sheets rice paper
- 1 cup Chinese thin noodle, cooked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon plum sauce per roll
- To prepare the dipping sauce, mix rice vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, garlic, red pepper.
- Prepare a large bowl of warm water (110-120 degrees F), fully immerse a sheet of rice paper into the water for 10 seconds until soft, lay the soften rice paper on a dry paper towel, spread 1 teaspoon plum sauce in the middle of the rice paper.
- Place a few shrimp pieces, some slivers or sprinkles of each ingredient (bean sprouts, green onions, mint, Chinese parsley, noodles) on the rice paper and roll up the rice paper tightly. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Timing:15 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to wrap.
Taste: : fresh, light