Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Mango Sherbet
- 2 mangoes, peeled, diced
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Blend mangoes well in a food blender.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form.
- Place the mango puree in a large bowl, add sugar and lemon juice and beat until sugar dissolves (about 4-5 minutes)
- Add the egg white to the mixture and continue to beat for 3 more minutes.
- Place the sherbet and bowl in the freezer and freeze for 2-3 hours until the sherbet has begun to set.
- When the sherbet is partially set, take it out from the freezer and beat again for 3 minutes. Freeze for another hour, beat it again.
- Put the sherbet in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to soften before serve.
Timing: 5 hours to prepare and cook.