Chinese Meat Recipe - Five Spices Crispy Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (about 2 – 2.5 lb. )
- 1 ½ pint vegetable oil
- 1 ½ - 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon five spices power
- ½ teaspoon Szechuan peppercorn, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoon ginger, sliced
- 3 stems green onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Boil water, put chicken into the boiling water for about 1 minute. Remove the chicken.
- Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce, cooking wine, five spices power, Szechuan peppercorn in a bowl, use a brush to brush the mixture on the outside and inside of the whole chicken.
- Place ginger and green onion inside the whole chicken and steam the whole chicken for about 20 minutes until fully cook. Remove from the steamer and drain.
- Brush honey on the outside of chicken while it’s warm, remove the ginger and green onion from inside of the chicken and then cool the whole chicken.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan (about 350-375 ° F ), fry the whole chicken until the skin is crispy brown. Cool the chicken and cut it into small pieces.
- Take 2 tablespoons remaining fluid from steamer, mix with sesame oil and white pepper, sprinkle the mix sauce on the chicken and serve.
Timing: 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 40 minutes to cook.
Taste: Crispy, tasty