Chinese Meat Recipe - Kung Pao Chicken
- ½ lb. chicken breast, cut in ½ in. cubes
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, unshelled
- ½ sweet red pepper or green bell pepper, cut in ½ x ½ in. pieces
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 dried red peppers, cut in smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorn, freshly ground
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- ½ tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix chicken with ½ tablespoon soy sauce, ½ tablespoon cornstarch.
- In a bowl, mix ½ teaspoon salt, ½ tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, cooking wine, 2 tablespoons chicken stock, ½ tablespoon cornstarch as sauce.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick pan, stir-fry the chicken for 1 minute. Remove chicken from the pan. Add another teaspoon olive oil to the pan, stir in Szechuan peppercorn, red pepper for a 10 seconds to release flavor, then add chicken, bell pepper, garlic, ginger to stir-fry for another minute until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pan and mix well until the sauce is thickening. Add peanuts, green onion, sesame oil. Remove and serve.
Timing: 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 5 minutes to cook.
Taste: Strong flavor, tasty.