Chinese Meat Recipe - Sweet & Sour Spareribs (Eastern Chinese Cuisine Style)
- 1 lb baby spareribs, cut into 1 ½ in. in length
- 8 oz. vegetable oil
- 1 ½ chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon red vinegar
- ½ cup green onion, cut into 1 in. in length
- ¼ cup ginger, threaded
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, fry the spareribs until golden brown. Remove the spareribs and drain the oil.
- Place the spareribs in a non-sticking wok, add chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, green onion, ginger, slow cook for about 20 minutes until meat is soft and little juice left. You can adjust the juice during the cooking by adding a few tablespoons of water or turning the temperature higher to evaporate the water faster.
- Add red vinegar in the wok, mix for 30 second and remove to serve.
Timing: 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 30 minutes to cook.
Taste: sweet, sour, soft.