Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Lo Mein with Shrimp
- 1/3 lb. shrimps, peeled, de-veined
- 1/2 lb. fresh noodles (lo mein)
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 stem celery, shredded
- 1/3 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 stems green onions, cut in 1'' long
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Mix meat with 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, 2 tablespoons cooking wine, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, marinade for about an hour in the refrigerator.
- Boil at least 2 quarts water in a saucepan, add noodle, cook for about 3-4 minutes. drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Mix the noodle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add shrimps, stir-fry for 1 minutes. Remove the shrimps from the pan.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pan, add garlic, snow peas, celery, carrots, stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add noodle, stir-fry for 2 minutes until very hot. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, chicken stock, stir-fry for another minutes.
- Add shrimps, green onions, bean sprouts to the frying pan, mix and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Ready to serve.
Timing: 30 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 10 minutes to cook.