Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Chinese Thin Rice Noodle with Pork (Beef, Chicken)
- 1/3 lb. pork (beef, chicken), shredded
- 1/2 lb. Chinese Rice Noodle (thin)
- 1/2 cup Chinese dry mushroom, soaked, shredded
- 1/2 cup Chinese dry Tofu, shredded
- 1/2 lb. Chinese cabbage (bok choy)
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 stems green onions, cut in 1'' long
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Mix meat with 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, 2 tablespoons cooking wine, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce for about 30 minutes.
- Boil at least 2 quarts water in a saucepan, remove the saucepan from the stove. Immerse rice noodle into the hot water, drain the noodle and rinse in cold water immediately. Mix the noodle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add ginger, garlic, stir-fry for 30 seconds to release flavor, then stir-fry meat for 2 minutes. Add Chinese mushroom, dry tofu, 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir-fry for another minute. Remove the mixture from the pan.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pan, stir-fry bok choy for 2 minutes, add noodle, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, mix and stir-fry for another minute until very hot.
- Add the meat, Chinese mushroom, tofu mixture back to the pan, stir-fry for 30 second. Add bean sprouts, green onions, stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Ready to serve.
Timing: 30 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 10 minutes to cook.
Tip: Bok Choy will produce some juice when stir-fry, so no extra stock is needed when stir-fry rice noodle.