Chinese Appetizer Recipe - Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1/3 lb. shrimps, peeled, de-veined
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet peas
- 3 cups steamed white rice, cooled
- 3/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix shrimps, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, 2 tablespoon cooking wine, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, marinade for about 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add shrimps, stir fry for 1 minute. Remove shrimps from the pan.
- Heat another 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in the non-stick frying pan, scramble the egg. Remove the egg from the pan.
- Heat another 1/2 tablespoon olive oil again, add steamed rice and stir-fry for about 2 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, stir and mix with the rice for another minute.
- Add egg, shrimps, green onions, sweet peas, bean sprouts, mix and stir-fry for one more minutes. Ready to serve.
Timing: 60 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 5 minutes to cook.