Chinese Seafood Recipe - Catfish in Ginger Sauce
- 1 lb. catfish, cut in 1'' x 1'' pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch, mix with 1/2 tablespoon water
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chinese "Garlic Leek", shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick wok, stir fry garlic, garlic leek, ginger to release flavor. Add fish, fry for 1 minute.
- Add cooking wine, 1 cup water, soy sauce, black vinegar, sugar, pepper, cover and braise the fish in low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn starch and water mixture to thickening, add sesame oil and green onion to enhance the flavor. Remove and serve.
Timing: 5 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 10 minutes to cook.
Taste: Seafood flavor.