Chinese Seafood Recipe - Flounder in Ginger and Vinegar Sauce
- 1 whole fresh or frozen flounder (about 1 – 1 ½ lb.), scales off
- 1 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 7-8 slices ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brush the flounder skin with the rice vinegar and marinate for 10 minutes. Rinse the flounder and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick wok, shallow-fry both side of the fish until brownish color shows on the skin. Remove the fish from the wok.
- Add remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil to the wok, add ginger to stir fly for 10 seconds to release the flavor. Add fish back to the wok, add sugar and chick stock, cover and slow cook for about 5 minutes until fish is completely cooked.
- Add salt, red wine vinegar for seasoning, serve hot.
Timing: 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 10 minutes to cook.
Tips: Do not marinate flounder with salt since it would make the fish skin sticky and mushy.
Taste: Fresh seafood flavor.