Chinese Seafood Recipe - Pepper Shrimp
- 1 lb. shrimp, unveined, with shell on
- 8oz vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorn
- 2 dry red chili peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onion, minced
- Mix shrimp with 3 tablespoons cooking wine, marinate for 30 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch to lightly coat the shrimps.
- Stir-fry Szechuan peppercorn in medium temperature for about 30 seconds to release the flavor. Remove and ground to powder. Mix Szechuna peppercorn powder, white pepper, salt in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying wok, add the shrimps to fry for about 30 seconds until fully cooked. Remove and drain the oil well.
- In another frying pan, add about 1/2 tablespoon remaining oil from the frying wok, stir-fry garlic, red chili peppers, green onion to release flavor. Add the shrimps, quick stir for 10 seconds, add the pepper/salt mixture, mix well and remove to serve.
Timing: 40 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 5 minutes to cook.
Taste: Spicy, salted seafood flavor.