Chinese Seafood Recipe - Scallops with Chili Peppers
- 12 scallops, cut in half
- 1/2 lb. bamboo shoots, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, shredded
- 2 fresh chilli peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan, stir fry bamboo shoots and green bell pepper for 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the frying pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, stir-fry the green onion, ginger, garlic and chili pepper to release the flavor. Add the scallops and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add cooked vegetables to stir-fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add cooking wine, soy sauce, white pepper, salt, mix well. Stir in the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce. Remove and serve.
Timing: 5 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 5 minutes to cook.
Taste: Seafood flavor.