Chinese Soup Recipe - Chicken and Corn Soup
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, shredded into strips
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 12 baby corn
- 1 ½ tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the canned corn in a food processor with ¾ cup of the chicken broth. Process until smooth.
- 2. Strain the puree through a sieve, pushing it through with the help of a spoon.
- 3. Boil the remaining chicken stock, stir in chicken strips and the corn puree, add the baby corn, simmer for 15 minutes. Add ginger, soy sauce, continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- 4. Add the chili sauce, salt, pepper to taste and serve.
Timing: 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 25 minutes to cook the soup.
Tips: Prepare the soup a day before serving to give the flavors time to develop.
Taste: smooth, delicate flavor.