Chinese Soup Recipe - Hot and Sour Soup[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- ½ cup raw pork shreds (1/4 lb.)
- ¼ cup Chinese dry mushrooms, soaked, shred into smaller pieces
- ½ cup golden needles (lily buds), soaked, cut into shorter length
- 1 tablespoon dry croud ears (tree ears), soaked and rinsed, shred into smaller pieces
- ¼ cup bamboo shoots, shred into smaller pieces
- ½ cup firm tofu, cut into small cub
- 1/2 bowl fresh bean curd
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablepoons cornstarch powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons win vinegar
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon spicy sesame-seed oil
1. Bring chicken stock to broil, add pork shreds, mushrooms, golden needles, croud ears, bamboo shoots, tofu, bring to boil again.
2. Add drain bean curd, add sugar, soy sauce, vinegars, and pepper, bring to boil.
3. Mix the cornstarch powder with ¼ cup water, stir well, add the mixture slowly to the soup while stirring the soup.
4. Simmer soup until it thickens (about 30 seconds), add spicy sesame-seed oil, sprinkle with scallion, and add the beaten egg while stirring the soup. Remove the soup from the stove immediately.
Timing: 30 minutes to prepare the ingredients, and 10 minutes to cook the soup.
Tips: You can substitute the pork with chicken or beef. You can omit fresh bean curd if one is not available.
Taste: Sour, spicy, salty, fresh and fragrant.