Chinese Vegetarian Recipe - Chinese Eggplant in Garlic Sauce
- 2-3 Chinese eggplant (1 lb.), cut into 1 ½ to 2 in. cubes
- 1/2 cup Chinese dry mushrooms, soaked, shredded
- 2 fresh green hot peppers, cut into small pieces
- 1 green bell pepper or sweet red pepper, cut into 1 ½ x 1 ½ in. pieces
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1 ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix eggplant cubes with 2 teaspoons salt, sit for 20 minutes, rinse, drain, user paper towels to dry cubes well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until oil is very hot, add eggplant cubes to stir fly until lightly browned. Add garlic, hot pepper, bell pepper (or sweet red pepper), mushroom, stir fly for about 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the vegetable stock, cooking wine, hot pepper sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, tomato sauce, cook for about 3-5 minutes to thickening the juice. Server hot or cold.
Timing:30 minutes to prepare the ingredients, 15 minutes to cook.
Taste: Spicy, soft.